Licensing seminar for coaches in Slovenia for the non-Olympic ITF and the Olympic WT
From 4th to 6th February 2022, the Taekwon-do Association of Slovenia together with the Olympic Committee of Slovenia in Portorož organized an annual Licensing Seminar for all coaches of the non-Olympic ITF Taekwon-Do and the Olympic WT Taekwon-Do.
The event began with an introductory speech by the head of education, Master Hasan Ibrić, and the president of the WT, Master Zlatan Ranđelović.
The seminar was attended by a total of 98 coaches from both styles, some have the first level of qualification according to national law, and most have the second highest level of qualification. Every year the lecturers are prominent professors at universities in Slovenia and abroad.
This year's topics were structured related to work with the youngest, from measurements to nutrition, topics by individual lecturers:
1. Functioning of the associations
2. Measurements and advice in sports
3. Characteristics of competitive sports for children and adolescents, health risks of young people and monitoring the health status of young athletes
4. Injuries and remediation of injuries in sports
5. Patience and competitive sport
6. Competition vs. Cooperation in working with children in sports
7. Functional hypertrophy and strength training in taekwondo
8. Liability and legislation in sport
9. Nutrition of young Taekwon-Do practitioners: challenges, pitfalls, novelties
At the end of the seminar, all participants received a certificate of participation, and qualified staff received Licenses for 2022.
In addition to professional lectures, the Taekwon-Do Association of Slovenia organizes joint training sessions for our members every year. The past was carried out from the 7th to 10th October 2021 on Rogla. In addition to joint training of both Taekwon-do styles, experts in the development of speed, explosive power, breathing exercises and autogenic training as basic relaxation techniques in sports were present. During the preparations, umpire seminars were held for the ITF industry, led by Master Hasan Ibrić and assistant Tamara Ibrić, and for the WT industry the best umpire in the world, named at the Tokyo Olympics, Miss Jasna Golobič. Every day, the professional staff of the Taekwon-Do Association of Slovenia under the leadership of Master Ladislav Mesarič led the measurements for all athletes.
Some pictures from the event and schedule.
In 2022, the Taekwon-Do Association of Slovenia is preparing E-Kick tournaments for children for both styles, which will take place throughout the year, the set dates: 19.2.2022, 14.5.2022, 24.9.2022 and the final 17.12.2022.
MSc Hasan Ibrić
Taekwon-Do Association of Slovenia